Behavioral Training Specialist
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Behavioral Training Specialist is responsible for assisting in responding to individuals served by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) who are in behavioral or psychiatric crisis. The Specialist will provide direct services to consumers in community settings who are at risk for crisis through working with staff and families providing training and assisting in the implementation of behavioral management program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Respond to emergencies and manage crisis plans.
- Assist in providing assessment and management of behavioral and psychiatric emergencies.
- Direct data collection and monitoring of behavioral intervention.
- Provide staff training and monitoring of behavioral plans.
- Assist staff and families in implementation of behavioral intervention.
- Assist Clinical department in the development of assessment, intervention, and monitoring strategies.
- Document service provision by completing graphs, filing data sheets and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and ability to use good judgment.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Basic computer knowledge
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)