Land’s Sake is a nonprofit farm and environmental education organization located in Weston, MA that strives to connect individuals to the land to build community and inspire lifelong stewardship. Land’s Sake is currently looking for a part-time to full-time Development Associate to help with fundraising opportunities including events planning and execution, assistance with Capital Campaign management, donor development and acknowledgements, and assembling prospect lists.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
Land’s Sake Farm is approximately 50% of the way through Phase Two of our Grow with Us Capital Campaign, having successfully raised over $1.4 million dollars to date for it. The Development Associate will be responsible for many of the behind the scenes components of the campaign, to help us complete the campaign. This may include: outreach as part of our community phase of the campaign, entering notes to track conversations, meetings, campaign asks, pledges, & gifts into LGL (the system as assigned). Acknowledge general & campaign gifts and pledges and prepare pledge payment reminders and pledge. In addition, this person will assist with planning all campaign events including creation and distribution of invitations, announcements, and other campaign communications to the public
General Events Responsibilities:
Plan development/fundraising events (one large fundraising plus several other ticketed events throughout the year). This may include mailing list selections, reviewing invitations, confirmation packets and other printed materials, working with vendors, helping with registration and record-keeping, donor acknowledgement, setting up and breaking down events, managing event photo files, and follow up among other duties.
General Donor Development and Recognition:
Manage donor administration activities, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials. Assist in general office administration including database management, and keeping a calendar of deadlines and events. Respond to and maintain donor correspondence via email, mail and phone. Make follow up phone calls. Maintain accurate donor information and history in Little Green Light.
Oversee creative production and distribution of regular external emails/e-newsletter, develop text and graphics templates, manage our website updates. Work with staff and volunteer committee to develop and implement strategies to improve organizational visibility and public relations activities. Assist with social network profiles including Facebook and Twitter.
Required experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of development experience, preferably with a capital campaign, including support and oversight, events, communications, cultivation, solicitation, and grant writing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Event planning experience
- Motivated, well organized, and a creative problem solver
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven track record of success
- Development database experience is preferred
- Candidates must have an appreciation and understanding of nonprofits. Land’s Sake mission and connections in the local community are a plus.
Work environment and hours:
- 20-40 hours per week depending on candidates skill set and availability. Position includes local travel and some evenings and weekend events.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Free organic produce and flowers grown on the farm
- Paid sick time, in accordance with MA law
- To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org