2023 Summer Audit Rising Talent in Finance (RTiF) Intern
What can you expect?
RTIF program offers a meaningful opportunity to rising juniors and seniors in undergraduate programs to develop solutions for finance. During this 10-week program, summer interns will gain experience working within one of our Finance groups, such as Internal Audit. Upon completion of the Summer Program, interns may be extended an offer to join us in a Full-Time role.
What is in it for you?
· A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
· Manage a project that allows you to apply finance/operations/technology-based principles and is instrumental to the group you join
· Ongoing mentorship and training in the field of Finance and its related disciplines with an experienced team of finance professionals
· Access to ongoing training and development via Marsh McLennan’s Finance Academy
· Exposure to senior leadership
· Social and networking events throughout the summer
· Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
· Your work will directly add value to and improve the operations of the business units you support
· You will have the chance to work with a seasoned audit team
What a typical day looks like:
· Gain exposure to various businesses and geographies while auditing many different processes throughout the organization.
· Provide independent and objective assurance over the organization's control environment.
· Identify areas to use data analytics for planning and executing an audit.
· Participate in special projects related to strategic initiatives for the Internal Audit department.
· Prepare work papers and coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze, test and evaluate the entity’s control environment.
· Document conclusions; organize and reference work papers for supervisory review.
· Present observations with all levels of senior management across the businesses.
· Develop solutions with management that mitigate various risks (operational, financial, cyber, etc.).
· Draft audit report findings and process improvements for review with stakeholders.
What you need to have:
· All undergraduate students considered, however, preferred candidates have an expected graduation date on or before Spring 2024
· Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application and start date
· Majors in accounting, finance, information systems, economics, or business
· Strong critical thinking/analytic and a foundation of business communications skills (written and verbal)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Team player in a collaborative environment
· Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to adapt to change
· Ability to be highly adaptable and high sense of urgency and drive
· You must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
MARSH MCLENNAN COMPANIES:
Marsh McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $19 billion and approximately 81,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.