Wafer Metrology Intern - Summer 2023
About our group:
Seagate's Wafer Manufacturing Operations Metrology Engineering organization is seeking an Engineering Intern to conduct experimental trials and participate in continuous improvement projects during summer 2023. This position will be located in Seagate’s Bloomington, MN facility.
About the role - you will:
Responsibilities of the Metrology Intern will include:
- Develop technical understanding of one or more metrology tools used in the wafer manufacturing process.
- Perform metrology recipe updates, gage studies & equipment improvement projects to support metrology improvements. This will include process-based experiments, data collection and analysis.
- Develop software tools as needed to complete projects and assist metrology engineers.
- Statistics and Data Analysis experience using R, Excel, JMP or Python.
- Can effectively discuss technical concepts in both written and verbal communication.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
Your experience includes:
- Completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics and returning for classes in Fall 2023.
- Practical lab experience.
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Location: Normandale, United States