After School Teacher (Part Time)
The Global Extensions team at Avenues: The World School is looking for motivated and experienced education and youth development professionals to join our after school team. This role requires meaningful and engaging supervision with students ranging in age from nursery through grade five from 2:30 until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our After School Teachers have opportunities to build rapport with a diverse group of students, prepare engaging and fun activities, teach and reinforce prosocial skills, and lead community-building activities for students in multiple age groups.
Our after school programs are designed to create safe and engaging learning opportunities with small groups of students in Avenues Early Learning Center and Lower Division. These programs run separately for nursery - kindergarten students, and first through 5th grade students. We are seeking confident, experienced, and engaging education professionals for each program.
What You Will Do
This is a great opportunity for educators and youth development professionals to join the innovative Avenues community. Specifically, you will:
- Create a safe and fun learning environment for all students.
- Plan and lead activities with students from nursery to Kindergarten or first to fifth grade.
- Communicate with families about conducted activities within the classroom and any updates that happened within the day.
- Support students to ensure everyone is adhering to the Avenues values of Welcome, Safety, Respect.
What You Bring
- At least 3 years experience in childcare or education settings, preferably early childhood or elementary school.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
After School Teachers will lead after school activities from 2:30 - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The compensation for this position is $20-25/hour, based on experience. This role is part time and benefits are not provided. NYS DOE Fingerprinting and background checks completed for all hired individuals.
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.