Accountant (Corporate Finance Department Supporting Investment Accounting)
Seeking Accounting graduates who have 3+ years of investment accounting experience.!!!
HSB has a great opportunity for an Investment Accountant in our Hartford CT Office.
- In this position you will support HSB investment accounting function.
- Reconcile the Princeton Asset Management (PAM) investment accounting system related reports to the PeopleSoft general ledger, footnote preparation and reconciliations to financial reporting and journal entries, on a statutory and IFRS basis.
- Create various investment schedules for management reports, and IFRS 9 reporting.
- Collaborate with Investment Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Statutory Reporting, as well as with BlackRock Solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years investment accounting experience
- CPA is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of investment accounting preferable in an insurance environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team while adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft General ledger is a plus
- Knowledge of Eagle Wings statutory reporting system is a plus
- Knowledge of PAM investment accounting system is a plus
We offer great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Generous Paid Time Off policy, Paid Holidays, early Holiday office closures, Company Bonus, 401k Match and 100% funded Retirement Savings program.
Great perks including In-Office Free Lunch Tuesdays and a Hybrid work schedule to consist of working In-Office and the ability to work from home!!! We have a great company work culture!!!
At The Hartford Steam Boiler, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.