Academy of Medical & Public Health Services (AMPHS) is a Brooklyn-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to accessing healthcare for immigrants and other underserved communities in NYC. Every year, we proudly serve and connect more than 10,000 New Yorkers to healthcare systems. For more information, please visit www.amphsonline.org or follow our work at www.facebook.com/AMPHS.NYC.
We are seeking a skilled Executive Assistant to join our growing team and perform a variety of administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter capable of providing top-notch support to AMPHS executives. S/he will also have excellent client-facing communication skills and be able to professionally interact with our employees, volunteers, and Board of Directors. The demonstrated ability to provide the highest quality of work, attention to detail, accuracy, creativity, and organization is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing executive complex calendars including meeting requests and appointments for high-level donors, board members, leadership, partners, and other internal and external meetings.
- Completing expense reports in a timely manner; tracking payment processing; and assisting with basic bookkeeping and financial reporting.
- Drafting, editing and distributing correspondence including sending donor updates, thank-you emails, and donation receipts. Sends staff announcements..
- Assisting with basic data entry and recordkeeping for financial, office and IT task management, as well as grant reporting.
- Providing general recruitment support including, but not limited to, screening resumes, placing advertisements on job boards, scheduling interviews, screening candidates, and new staff onboarding.
- Providing operations support, such as setting up phone lines and computers, conducting space audits.
- Attending relevant meetings and preparing minutes; tracks and follows up on pertinent action items.
- Managing and responding to phone inquiries.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years administrative experience supporting senior or executive staff.
- Education: Minimum High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Competent technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and digital research. Typing approximately 60-80 WPM.
- Language: Bi-lingual language skills in Spanish and/or Chinese Mandarin highly preferred.
- Immunization: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for in-person work per NYC DOHMH mandates.
- Other Skills:
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Time Commitment: This is a full-time position (35 hours/week); AMPHS’ operating hours are Tuesday to Saturday 10AM-6PM. There is flexibility for hybrid work.
- Annual Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000, commensurate with experience.
- AMPHS’ compensation package includes:
- Employer-sponsored health benefits
- Retirement savings
- Loan Forgiveness Programs for eligible employees
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Employee discounts programs
- Professional development opportunities, with opportunities to learn from industry experts to help you advance in the field of public health, health policy, immigration and nonprofit administration
Sounds like you? Send your resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling first-come, first-served basis.