AWFH is a peer-led, community-based network dedicated to advancing Asian women’s health and wellness through education, advocacy, and support. We envision a world where Asian women are well informed, have access to care that is culturally appropriate and high quality, and inspired to live happy, healthy lives.
About this position:
The Case Manager is a 40-hour full-time position, and reports to the Operations Director. The Case Manager works with students to ensure all participants have access to social support services during and after the workforce development job training program. The Case Manager will provide support to applicants and students, and assist with outreach, recruitment, intake, career counseling, and retention services to the students.
· Provide case management for approximately 20 - 35 students annually
· Provide eligibility screening, detailed intake orientation, testing, and financial self-sufficiency assessments for clients
· Work directly with clients to address issues related to self-sufficiency; research local resources and provide information and referrals to clients
· Maintain client files and database; keep client case notes up to date
· Submit monthly client service reports
· Work with grant funder and county welfare to coordinate services and referrals
· Support the training participants and the training providers to address potential barriers to program completion
· Provides pre-employment services such as job-seeking skills training, job development, and job referral
· Assist program participants in both one-on-one and group settings in job search-related activities
· Escort participants to resume building, job interviews, and hiring process
· Develop and maintain relationships with employers and develop an understanding of employer requirements for career advancement.
· Assist with community outreach to strengthen the recruiting network and identify qualified applicants.
· Conduct weekly information sessions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Commitment to AWFH’s mission.
· Exceptional attention to detail, interpersonal communication, writing, and editing skills.
· 1-3 years of experience in workforce development or related field required
· 1-3 years of experience working with individuals with barriers to employment desired
· Knowledge of community resources in Massachusetts and web-based resources required
· Familiarity with career ladders and professional advancement preferred
· Proficiency in a language spoken by immigrant participants preferred
· Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required
· Experience using Salesforce preferred
· Experience in marketing and outreach preferred
· Ability to work flexible hours that include evenings and some weekends
Compensation: The annual salary will be $ 50,000 to 55,000
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Chien-Chi Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Case Manager.” In your cover letter please specifically address why you are interested in this position, what you find compelling about our work, and why your skills are a match. No phone calls, please. Position open until filled.
AWFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, indigenous people, immigrants, LGBTQ and gender nonconforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.