Data Scientist, Analytics Intern (2023)
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. This Data Scientist -Analytics role at Robinhood will work with partners in product, marketing, engineering, finance, design, and compliance to understand and analyze data from all parts of our business to power how our product works and feels. Our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team.
We have internship opportunities available for Summer 2023.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Developing and sharing insights around the key metrics that drive the company and your particular product
- Working with partners to identify the key metrics their product should track and developing and sharing analysis, guidance, reports, and dashboards to successfully track and move these metrics
- Powering quick decisions by answering business questions by querying our vast datasets
- Adapting quantitative techniques to solve problems surfaced by multiple perspectives
- BA/BS/MS degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering or natural sciences (or equivalent research experience) with an expected graduation date in December 2023 or Spring 2025
- Excellent programming skills, including familiarity with either Python (numpy, scipy, pandas) or R programming languages
- Familiarity with SQL (preferred for new grads and a plus for interns)
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, and/or Mode
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience communicating data driven insights
- 1 year of experience working in a research setting in academic or commercial setting
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Strong customer empathy
- Intense sense of curiosity