Film Distribution & Marketing Internship - Spring 2023
The old world of distribution is dead. No longer can you make a film and count on distributors -- you need to do it! But how?
With this internship you will get access to high-level courses in the latest distribution strategies and join the distribution team for TheWorldIsMyCountry.com - a film getting accolades around the world!
Internship Details, Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Outcomes:
● Semester-long educational and activism internship (volunteer/unpaid/academic credit)
● 10 hours per week
● Spring 2023 session - online - and/or work with other interns in person in Washington D.C.
● Provides experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application in a professional setting
● Orientation, training & access to our online courses in film distribution and how to use a film to help build a movement.
● Academic credit toward degree (depending on school requirements)
● A two-person intern team would be welcomed to apply!
● Researching, brainstorming and contacting potential sponsors for our broadcast worldwide (So far it’s been broadcast on DirecTV, Dish Network as well as over 100 PBS affiliates)
● Contacting TV Stations around the world to set up broadcasts of the film.
● Promoting the film through Social Media, Facebook ads, google-ads, Linked-in and other social media outlets.
● Contacting schools to set up educational screenings.
● Emailing and calling conference planners to book the film and speakers.
● Contacting potential affiliates to offer virtual screenings.
● Planning and promoting virtual events and attracting ticket sales.
● Promoting membership of the club and bi-monthly podcast where we explore how we actually create a People-Powered Planet advocated in our film by peace activist and World Citizen #1 Garry Davis.
● Interns must be reliable, motivated, dedicated, computer savvy and have an upbeat/can-do personality.
● Strong research and writing skills
● Communication skills
● Excellent attention to detail
● Art, graphic design, video, and/or photo-editing skills optional
● Experience in social media, networking, media relations, fundraising, and customer service (preferred)
● Enthusiasm for and a demonstrated interest in world citizenship to save our world from ecocide, nuclear war and other threats to humanity’s existence.
● Interested in working in a culturally sensitive way to rise above the borderlines that divide us.
● Learn the exciting new world of film self-distribution
● Understand and appropriately apply public relations strategies and social media marketing techniques
● Communicate effectively with the public using multiple tools and platforms
● Identify and use digital resources to further the mission of rising above the borders which divide us.
About Future Wave:
Future Wave Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Working for Alternatives to violence through Entertainment.
Our award-winning film “The World is My Country” is now being self-distributed and looking to expand exponentially into wider worldwide distribution.
Synopsis: The true story of the daring, controversial, decades-ahead-of-his-time World Citizen #1 Garry Davis!
With a single act of courage, a song and dance man sparks a huge people power movement that draws Albert Einstein, Albert Camus and a cast of thousands into an amazing journey that Martin Sheen calls “a roadmap to a better future.”
This Internship is in collaboration with the World Citizen Government - a non-profit organization in Washington DC. Their vision is World Peace and Justice through World Citizenship and World Law. Their mission is to educate about and implement universal rights, world citizenship, world law and to create the institutions of law that will help humans to live together peacefully with each other and sustainably with the Earth.