CANbridge is growing its US based team significantly and is looking to hire top talent. We are seeking a Research Associate – AAV to assist scientists in AAV engineering, production, characterization, and tissue-tropism evaluation in vitro and in vivo. This role will be responsible for learning to utilize and master a variety of techniques including but not limited to: molecular cloning, plasmid DNA purification, PCR- and qPCR- based assays, mammalian cell culture, transfection, AAV viral preparation, purification, and characterization. They will also be responsible for routine lab tasks including keeping track of lab reagent/consumable orders and invoices.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Implementing experiments, analyzing data and presenting results to the team with minimal supervision as related to some of these areas:
- Analysis and interpretation of data and results.
- Capable of troubleshooting.
- Molecular cloning, PCR-based assays, and qPCR.
- Plasmid DNA purification.
- Mammalian Cell Culture and cell-based assays.
- DNA/RNA extraction and quantification from cells and tissues.
- Gene expression.
- Expression Cassette design.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art molecular biology tools and methods.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences and 0-2 years for MS relevant hands-on experience in an academic or biotechnology/pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with or experience in antibody expression, purification and characterization a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, problem-solving creatively, and to work collaboratively as a member of our fast-paced research team is required; and must be able to accommodate rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- The ideal candidate is an organized, independent, self-motivated, detail- and team-oriented researcher who can work collaboratively with other members across multiple functions including the biologics team, analytical team, and discovery team as CANbridge continues to grow.
What we offer
CANbridge Pharma is committed to fostering a workplace of trust and respect and keeps our team inspired and engaged to take on the challenges of bringing first/best-in-class gene therapies to patients suffering from rare diseases.
CANbridge offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, prescription and vision plans, short and long term disability, company paid life insurance, generous time off policies and 401k contributions. This position will primarily onsite our brand-new facility to be located at 4 Burlington Woods, Burlington, MA.