Mid-Atlantic Regional Sales Manager (Sales and Business Development)
RES is looking for a Mid-Atlantic Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to drive sales pipeline development, lead and coach a team of Client Solutions Managers (CSMs) and advance its ability to prospect, qualify and close opportunities that will meet quarterly and annual sales targets while delivering comprehensive ecological solutions to clients in Virginia, Maryland and Kentucky.
How will you do it? In collaboration with external and internal stakeholders, you will translate regional growth strategies into a plan of action, lead account planning and focused prospecting, counsel CSMs on how to advance deals through critical stages, drive financial performance and identify training opportunities that target the selling competencies and skills for RES to accomplish its mission of restoring resilient earth, one project at a time.
What your day-to-day might look like?
The RSM’s main mission is to inspire, coach and develop a team of CSMs responsible for creating a pipeline of short to long-range (12 to 36 months) sales opportunities, each valued at $1M - $10M, using the region’s strategic business plan as a roadmap to close the deals that meet financial projections. The RSM will also have an individual bookings target. RSMs represent RES’ business interests in liaising with industry groups, outside stakeholders, and channel partners with the goal of furthering RES’ presence and influence within the Region.
Your daily activities will include:
- Coaching. Focus on improving the full scale of sales performance – prospecting through closing. Deliver the optimal result for RES and clients as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
- Management. Meet and exceed sales targets by solving client issues, advising on deal structure, supporting complex negotiations and leading onboarding and hiring.
- Training. The leader sets the speed and tone – commit to developing yourself at a faster rate than the CSMs. Advocate for resources, tools and experiences that will improve sales results and empower CSMs to help clients achieve their objectives.
The RSMs key business partners include:
- A general manager and state business managers that are responsible for a P&L and will allocate resources and drive prioritization for your team’s qualified opportunities.
- Government affairs personnel that will help shape policy, gain access and find advocates to support projects.
- Business development experts that take a wide-angle view of mitigation, water quality and climate resiliency trends, devise ways to engage clients and develop the long-range part of the sales pipeline.
- Experienced project developers in land acquisition, design and engineering, regulatory, project management, construction and long-term stewardship.
- Analysts that research and vet market opportunities and deliver insights that optimize sales activity.
We would love to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- 5+ years of experience in shaping, negotiating, and closing complex deals valued at $2 - 3M+ and consistently achieving your sales goals as an individual contributor
- 3+ years in a sales management role leading a high-performing team with a cumulative bookings goal of $25M+ per year, and consistently achieving the team goal
- Direct working experience with RES client base and segments, including municipal governments, energy, oil, gas, transportation or utilities and existing relationships with channel partners, such as consulting, design, engineering firms
- Ability to travel up 25% - 50% of your time within the region, if priorities require
What will make you stand out?
- Existing relationships with State, County, and City government officials in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Existing relationships with regulatory stakeholders, including USACE, IRT, DEQ, MDE, KYFW, etc
- Experience with relevant environmental regulations and permits/approvals (e.g. CWA 404/401/402, NWP/IP, ESA)
- Experience with consultative selling in one or more of RES’ primary business domains, including mitigation, water quality, water quantity or climate resiliency
- Successful experience with grant funding awards
- 5+ years in a sales management role leading a high-performing team with a cumulative bookings goal of $50M+ per year, and consistently achieving the team goal
Who is RES: We are the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 525 stream miles and 62,000 wetland acres, in addition to conserving and preserving 15,000 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 20,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 280 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a balance of economic development and ecological sustainability.
Our culture: Working for RES means having a career that truly makes an impact and a job that helps make nature and communities better. Our people share a deep interest and passion for sustainability and ecological restoration. RES is a growth-oriented company. We are entrepreneurs who take a bold approach to project development. We foster a collaborative team environment while enriching individual growth.