An exciting opportunity to work with one of the companies of the Tata Group in the space of field testing broad band devices. The company name is Tata Elxsi. A brief on the company is given as under -
About the Company
Tata Elxsi is among the world’s leading design and technology services providers across industries, including Automotive, Broadcast, Communications, Healthcare, and Transportation. We help customers reimagine their products and services through design thinking and the application of digital technologies such as IoT (Internet of Things), Cloud, Mobility, Virtual Reality, and Artificial Intelligence.
It commenced its business on 5th May 1989 in Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India, to develop and promote applications of electronics, embedded systems, and software. The Mission was to foster innovation in the fast-emerging IT market and accelerate the adoption of leading-edge technologies. Today, Tata Elxsi is recognized as a premium engineering service provider worldwide and amongst the leaders in the automotive, media, broadcast, communications, and healthcare industries
The broad job responsibilities would be -
- Creation and execution of test plan, cases of broadband devices – Wi-Fi performance and stability
- Able to develop automation to reduce the test cycle.
- Manual and Automation execution of function, regression, performance tests cases for CPE broadband devices.
- Understand field defects and create test to simulate or modify test environment in Lab
The basic qualifications for the job would be -
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 0-2 years of experience directly working with Wi-Fi / RF in computer architecture and data communications.
• Knowledge of Layer 2, Layer 3 networking protocols such as Bridging, Routing, IPV6, VLAN, NAT, DNS and DHCP.
• Experience with WiFi testing tools is a big plus
• Working knowledge of UNIX-based systems and command-line tools for analysis, and automation • Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently
• Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams