2023 Summer Internship – Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Intern
Location: St. Paul’s, NC (On-Site)
The Watts Water Technologies family of brands designs and manufactures valves, drains, and related products and solutions that promote the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation, and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal applications. Everything we design is made to keep the Earth’s most precious resource safer, cleaner, and more useful for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
The Watts Internship Program is strategically designed to provide you with the opportunity to utilize what you have learned in the classroom while gaining a true understanding of the business world by applying those key principles through hands-on experience. During the internship, students will gain exposure to and impact operations. There will be many chances to network with like-minded professionals in manufacturing, industrial engineering, and beyond to stimulate your mind through cross-departmental collaboration.
What’s In It for You
People-First Culture – Enriching and caring for people is at the core of who we are; this includes executing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy, and providing you with meaningful career growth opportunities, a positive and safe work environment, and affirmation that you are heard, valued, and respected.
Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy – Work-life balance is important at Watts and our interns receive one (1) hour of flexible PTO for every thirty (30) hours worked. Your flexible PTO can be utilized for any type of absence.
Paid Holidays – Celebrate the holidays with your loved ones and still get paid! You will receive the following paid holidays off during your time as an Intern with Watts. Where a holiday falls during the weekend, it will be observed on an adjacent weekday.
Lunch and Learns – Throughout your internship, there will be opportunities for you to sign up to learn and network with some of the key strategic leaders and thought partners within our core operating model!
Sustainability – For three years in a row, Watts has been named one of "America's Most Responsible Companies" by Newsweek. Join our journey as we continue to distinguish Watts as a responsible and committed corporate citizen.
What You’ll Do
The EHS Intern will help to ensure regulatory compliance and implementing risk or prevention-focused initiatives. You will have exposure to the following components during your internship:
- Project Management
- Business Analytics
- Quality Management
- Interdepartmental Collaboration
The internship will be approximately 13 weeks, and during your time with Watts, you will focus on the following:
- Data Analysis - Analyze leading and lagging injury and near miss data to identify areas of priority
- Hazard Analysis and Ergonomic Assessments - Execute job hazard analysis including ergonomic assessments and deliver recommendations for improvement
- Environmental Audits - Complete internal environnemental audits (e.g. ISO 14001)
- Support sustainability project scoping and execution
- Current student (sophomore, junior or senior status) actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science, or related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and do not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computing skills
- Ability to efficiently to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented mentality and ability to work independently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.