Research Tech/Staff Associate II/III
Human Immune Monitoring Core
The Human Immune Monitoring Core at Columbia University Irving Medical Center offers cutting-edge single-cell services, including multi-modal single-cell genomics, multiplexed tissue imaging and mass cytometry (CyTOF) for translational and clinical research studies for a diverse scientific and clinical research community.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Imaging Specialist to advise, train and assist users in designing, acquiring, processing and analysis of Spatio-temporal and multispectral imaging. HIMC offers cutting edge single-cell and tissue analysis services for translational and clinical research community. The Candidate will work closely with scientists and clinicians to help design, implement and see-through cutting-edge research projects for discovery and translational research. Other responsibilities include training on existing equipment, developing new workflows, or adapting existing methods as needed. The Imaging Specialist will also be responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting for image acquisition and analysis; purchasing supplies and assisting with scheduling and billing. Collaborative studies and grant applications are possible for motivated individuals.
· Engage with scientists and clinicians to design complex studies performed on patient tissues or preclinical models
· Plan, oversee and execute high-quality quantitative multiplexing experiments with automated multispectral microscopy
· Test, benchmark and implement novel methodologies
· Develop, maintain and assure adherence to standard operating procedures and quality standards
· Lead collaborative projects, apply for funding opportunities and publish (if desired)
· Foster candidate’s career development
· Other related activities
· Experienced in biological sciences, engineering, computer sciences, physics or related fields through an advanced degree (Bachelors level or beyond)
- Strong experimental and analytical skills especially in IHC, Immunofluorescence and imaging microscopy
· Strong experimental and analytical skills
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Experience in efficiently overseeing technical staff
· Experience in staff recruitment and training
· Work independently and collaborate with leadership to implement novel concepts, methods and broad impact of the core
Must be able to commit for a minimum of two years.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV to Parin Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org