Clinical Research Specialist I
The Pediatric Urology Patient-Centered Research Program at Boston Children’s Hospital is seeking a Clinical Research Specialist. The research specialist will join a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, qualitative researchers, statisticians, patient engagement experts, and leaders in patient-reported outcome measure development and clinical informaticists who integrate these into clinical practice. The position is aimed at highly motivated and skilled individuals with experience or training in qualitative research methods, and clinical outcomes assessment.
You will be supervised and mentored by leading experts in PROM design and will participate in all phases of development of new patient-reported outcome measures for children with urologic anomalies (systematic review, semi-structured patient interviews, focus groups, cognitive debriefing, coding of qualitative transcripts, concept mapping and development of PROM items).
The group is located at the Boston Children’s Hospital, a teaching hospital affiliated with Harvard University.
The Clinical Research Specialist shall be responsible for:
- Coordination of international field test of the Hypospadias-Q, a PROM developed for boys and teens with a congenital penile birth defect.
- Attending weekly qualitative research rounds at Patient Reported Outcomes Value and Experience Center, weekly team meetings, relevant PROM clinical informatics meetings, and direct mentorship under Dr. Keays and her co-investigators.
- Working independently on multiple ongoing projects with flexibility to adjust to new priorities.
- Presenting work in scientific publications, and oral communications to the scientific community.
In order to qualify you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Experience and/or training in qualitative research methods and clinical outcomes assessment (Master's level training in clinical epidemiology, qualitative research methodology, or bioinformatics.)
- Experience or training in systematic review methodology.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in clinical research (clinical trials, registry management, and data analysis).
- Strong communication skills and prior research experience.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and scientific writing skills.
- Our team is leading an effort to integrate PROMs into the electronic health record for routine use in clinical practice; therefore, prior experience with electronic medical record design or experience integrating or evaluating PROMs used in clinical research are assets.
Please include a cover letter and github account name (if available) in your application.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a rotating days/evenings and weekend schedule, affordable health, vision, and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.