2023 Technical Sales Intern
Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane Technologies’ hands on summer internship allows participants to explore a career in Sales Engineering. As a Sales Engineer Intern you may experience or gain exposure to:
* Work directly with our industry leading Sales Professionals and customers.
* Understand the design, application and sale of systems, controls, parts, and services for commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings. This includes the world's most complete line of commercial, industrial, and institutional heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and building management controls.
* Be exposed to the many facets of Trane Technologies’ businesses: Service, Equipment, Building Automation, Application, Fulfillment and much more. You will attend sales meetings; business functions; sales and service calls; customer meetings alongside experienced account managers and mentors.
* Understand the steps sales engineers take from start to finish on a job and be hands-on in those steps throughout the internship.
* Gain an appreciation for the importance of the relationship with our customers as you work with them as a daily point-of-contact creating a sense of ownership and importance in the solution-making process.
* Have a structured twelve-week (12) program that will challenge and develop your technical, business, sales, leadership, and communication skills. This will give you insight into a sales engineering career with Trane and create the opportunity to join our industry leading Graduate Training Program (GTP) upon graduation for those who mutually agree to pursue a career in Technical Sales.
* Less than 15% in defined geography
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
* Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Open to All Engineering Areas of Emphasis) with a cumulative overall GPA at or above 2.8.
* Be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
+ DUI in the previous 5 years
+ Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
* Possess a Valid State-issued Driver’s License with ability to provide proof of insurance
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.