Academic Instructional Coach
Freudigman & Billings (F&B) is seeking an entry to mid-level Academic Instructional Coach to join our team in Westport, CT! Our positions are full-time with competitive salary and benefits.
We’re a community of educators, psychologists, scientists, mathematicians, creative writers and experts in our respective fields. We’re driven by intellectual curiosity, a rewarding challenge, and above all, a passion for helping students navigate their academic journey and reach their full potential. We value life-long learning, intellectual curiosity, creativity, innovation and the power of supportive relationships. If you’re looking for a fascinating career where you’ll learn something new each day and be habitually challenged, join our team!
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement: Tons of professional development and training with a caring and supportive leadership team that is vested in the evolution and success of all team members.
- Make an Impact! Help students acquire the skill sets, self-knowledge, and resiliency they need to overcome future challenges.
- Collegial & Collaborative Team: Surround yourself with colleagues who share your passion and drive, have a growth mindset, and embody a team mentality.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree and an excellent academic record
- Familiarity with AP or IB level content in one or more of the following subjects: Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Economics
- A desire to use their own knowledge and experiences to help students achieve their academic goals
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Experience working with middle school or high school students (preferred)
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Adaptable & Resilient
- Personable, Engaging, & Supportive
- Curious & Inquisitive
- Creative & Analytical
- Provide holistic academic support for high school students across a variety of educational domains
- Meet with a cohort of students one on one each week
- Collaborate with our team of Directors to generate and execute specific plans for each student
- Interact with instructors from different departments, including Educational Therapy, Academic Instruction, and College Advising to track student progress across multiple domains
- Assist in administrative duties directly and indirectly applicable to provision of student services including curriculum and materials preparation, tracking of student compliance, student progress and student outcomes, participating in case reviews, staff trainings and staff meetings, and maintaining session case notes.
- Academic Year: Sunday 11:00 am - 7:30 pm and Monday through Thursday 12:30 pm - 9:00pm
- Summer: Monday through Thursday 10am to 6:30pm
- All instruction happens in-person on the thoughtfully designed Freudigman & Billings campus located on Post Road in Westport, CT
- Salary is competitive and starts at 57K, based on experience
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- 14 Paid Time Off days per year
- 5 Sick Days per year
- Once a week, lunch is on us!
- Casual day is every day.
- Company outings
- Company-sponsored certifications
- In-Kind services for grad school applications like GRE/GMAT prep and personal statement assistance
ABOUT FREUDIGMAN & BILLINGS
Founded in 2004 by Dr. Kim Freudigman and Trey Billings, F&B embraces a student-centered process designed to respond to each student’s learning style, personality, and educational needs.
Our team provides educational solutions for children and adolescents through individual assessment, personally tailored learning programs, and one-on-one coaching. We serve students with a wide variety of needs and goals, beginning in middle school all the way up through college. Our fundamental belief at Freudigman & Billings is that children learn best in the context of supportive relationships.