IPG Health Bold Beginners Internship Program: Finance
2023 Summer Internship Program
***OUR APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN ON A ROLLING BASIS ***
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
IPG Health’s Bold Beginners Internship Program is designed to offer college students the opportunity to learn about a career in healthcare advertising. Interns will work in real-world business situations, attend seminars on the different aspects of the industry and learn about the inner workings of an agency.
Each week is strategically broken down to help our interns make the most out of their time here. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are spent working in your assigned department along with a personalized mentor to show you the way. Tuesdays also include lunch and learns where we network with senior leadership across each department and enjoy various NYC lunch options (on us). Thursday is reserved for teams to work on the client project which is presented in pitch format to our C-level executives as well as the client at the end of the summer.
START DATE: Monday, June 12, 2023
END DATE: Friday, August 11, 2023
SCHEDULE: Full-time (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
FORMAT: Virtual or Hybrid-Optional
SALARY: $18/hr + OT
(The pay rate for this position is noted within this job posting. Where a prospective employee is paid this rate will depend on, among other factors; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as the applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.)
What We Do: We’re Client and General financial business managers who build agency and client budgets while making finance simple.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively manage all billable and non-billable jobs
- Own the client billing process by meeting deadlines like a pro, checking invoices and knowing your client billing contracts inside and out to meet requirements
- Send out client billing and ensure receipt and acceptance by client
- Team-up with account managers to discuss budget with the client
- Put your analytical skills to the test by examining monthly Accounts Receivable (AR) and Work in Process (WIP) reports
- Spearhead the preparation of monthly Unbillable Reports and necessary journal entries
- Adhere to FCB and IPG policies (SP&Ps) and procedures
-Rising junior, senior, or recent graduate from an accredited college or university
-Coursework related to finance, business or supply chain management
-Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 9-week program
-Possess solid communication, computer, and presentation skills
-Able to consider the “big-picture” while ideating
-Team-player, work well in collaborative settings
-Strong business acumen
-Solid excel skills