Engagement Specialist – Fixed Income Sustainable Integration #8671
Engagement Specialist – Fixed Income Sustainable Integration Pittsburgh, PA
Federated Hermes, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investment managers with over $624.4 Billion in managed assets has an exciting opportunity available immediately for an Engagement Specialist on the Fixed Income team in Pittsburgh.
As the principal manager of engagement activity within the US-based fixed income team, this position is responsible for managing the engagement process including the identification of ESG and impact topics with a range of corporate issuers with the objective of delivering outcomes against the engagement objectives. In addition, the engagement specialist will assign and oversee sustainability scores. The role will conduct engagement-driven research working with the team’s investment credit analysts, Federated Hermes’ stewardship team and the London-based Sustainable Fixed Income Team.
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong, revitalized economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and sports scenes.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference for a major in Environmental Science or other such sustainability disciplines, Economics, or Business preferred
- Graduate degree preferred (e.g., Environmental Science, Sustainability-related subject, MBA, CFA or other such advanced degree and/or credentials)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in investment analyst research, governance, sustainable and impact investing, shareholder engagement, corporate sustainability and/or in an environmental social impact role
- Prior experience in corporate engagement on sustainability is highly desired
- Experience in assessing and scoring sustainability credentials of companies desired
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing skills
- Undertake appropriate research to effectively plan engagement and specific company interactions performing analysis of the sustainability credentials
- Assign and manage sustainability scores in the United States
- Prepare an engagement feasibility assessment and make recommendations for the engagement
- Deliver positive outcomes in line with engagement objectives by engaging directly with companies and relevant third parties, collaborating and interfacing with investors and other key influencers.
- Work with existing reporting frameworks for engagement activity and produce high quality written summaries of engagements. Produce case studies of more notable engagements for client communication.
- Ensure that engagement research, analysis and activity fits with the nature and objectives of sustainable-themed credit funds, and the broader engagement and responsibility activities of EOS given significant cross-holdings.
- Act as an internal ambassador for the promotion of sustainable investing and the integration of ESG factors into the activities of the investment teams.
- Build strong working relationships with Federated Hermes stewardship team (HEOS) and take part in the thematic/sector/country activities of the team.
- Actively participate in hiring and managing additional sustainability professionals on the team.
- Contribute to the development of the credit analysts’ responsibility for analyzing ESG investment risks.
- Support the client team in developing and strengthening client relationships. Prepare and present on engagement work to prospective and existing clients. Deliver relevant client communication on engagement work, including case studies and marketing material.
Qualified Candidates should apply on our company website and reference job #8671