Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a logistics professional to join the Property & Inventory Control Unit. The accountability of government property and inventory management is critical in supporting NNL laboratory and production schedules and activities. The logistics professional will perform several functions including ensuring compliance with DOE and Federal regulations associated with managing government property.
What you'll be doing:
- Being knowledgeable of federal and local requirements for managing government property, analyzing, and evaluating NNL performance in property management, recommending changes/improvements, and conducting subcontractor property assessments at off-site locations.
- Maintain an awareness of and apply their knowledge of trends, best practices, and compliance related issues in property management to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Developing and tracking metrics for property management to evaluate performance.
- Provide oversight of inventories of government property and the property coordinator program and be responsible for providing end user training related to requirements at NRF.
- Manage the Equipment Held for Future Projects process, manage and track all scrap and excess request, track temporary storage containers, tag accountable property, and upload property information into the property management system, manage property transfers, and be responsible for all other reviews when needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Knowledge of DOE/federal asset management requirements.
- Experience utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Previous procurement, logistics, and/or asset management experience.
- Demonstrated skills including problem solving and organization skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful teaming or influencing across organizational boundaries.
- Experience leading in a collaborative environment and the ability to evaluate and improve processes with experience leading projects and driving them to completion.
- The successful candidate shall take an action-oriented approach to assignments (e.g., accepts challenges/can do approach/proactive/self-critical)
- Export control officer certification.