IT Service Management Summer Intern
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of interns. For this 10-week paid internship we are looking for interns to specialize in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does, but don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
Our IT Interns will be part of exciting strategic programs and projects designed to make an impact on our business. During this internship you will partner closely with cross-functional teams across the company and help shape the future of the business. We are opportunities in the below functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Our IT Interns will be assigned to one of six strategic projects within the function. You will have the opportunity to directly influence through the following responsibilities:
IT Operations/ Service Management:
This intern will be responsible for partnering with cross functional teams to assess and define new business requirements to improve IT Service Management (ITSM) services on the ServiceNow platform. Focus areas include the IT Service Catalog, mobile experience, and user experience and design the for the AAP ServiceNow platform. Activities will include process mapping, solution design, AGILE SCRUM execution, and development of reporting and metrics. In addition, this intern with interact with development team members as well as stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to gain insight and build consensus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio skills
- High level understanding or awareness of ITSM core concepts (V3 or V4) or other IT Management Standards or Frameworks, and/or basic project management
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize work based on business need and criticality
- Ability to write procedures, reports and business correspondence
- Desire to learn and develop skillset
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in IT or relevant program
- Must be rising Senior at time of internship program (Undergraduate Only)
- Raleigh NC Hybrid Work Arrangement (4200 Six Forks Rd. - North Hills)