Investments Summer Internship Analyst
Position: Investments Analyst (Internship)
Location: New York, NY / Princeton, NJ / El Segundo, CA
Salary Range: $18 - $30 (hourly)
Why Work at MacKay Shields
Central to MacKay Shields’ culture is the strong commitment to both our clients and employees. We believe a connection exists between satisfied clients and happy employees. We promote a high degree of autonomy and place accountability across investment teams and offices. We encourage collaboration, innovation, and professional development as anchors to our culture.
Why What We Do Works
Since 1938, MacKay Shields has partnered with clients to help meet their investment goals through high quality products and exceptional service. As active managers, we serve a prominent group of pension funds, government and financial institutions, family offices, high net worth individuals, endowments, and foundations from across the globe. We were acquired by the New York Life Insurance Company in 1984 as the foundation to its multi-boutique investment advisor model. The model—which was designed to combine the benefits of nimble and independent investment boutiques with the strength of a financially strong partner—has been key to MacKay Shields’ success. The firm currently manages assets for institutional investors and other financial service providers across the globe.
We are searching for an Investments Analyst with relevant internship experience for our 2023 summer internship program. There are available positions in our New York City, Princeton, and California offices. Investment teams are within our Global Credit, Global Fixed Income, Municipal Bond, and High Yield teams.
- Responsibilities would include document and financial analysis, including financial modeling and scenario analysis. Surveillance of existing bond portfolio positions and credit report updating.
- Support a team of analysts and portfolio managers through close interaction with daily trading activity as well as with special projects and reports.
- Provide market data interface through preparation of special reports and presentations.
- Prepare internal credit reports with supporting financial modeling and databases.
- Activities may include research, transaction executing effort, information gathering, and internal report writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Quantitative Finance preferred
- Preferred: 1-2 years of analytical internship experience
- Strong fundamental analysis and valuation skills
- Preferred: High proficiency in Excel/VBA and financial modeling and Bloomberg capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and be able to multi-task effectively
- Strong communication and writing skills
At MacKay Shields, we commit to the equitable treatment of all. Differences in background, experience, characteristics, and abilities—whether readily visible or unseen—make each person unique and valuable. Attracting, developing, and retaining diverse talent is critical to our success. We promote a comprehensive approach to diversity and inclusion to serve our employees, our clients, and our community. Striving to make a positive impact and deliver results through performance with purpose is at the heart of our ethos.
MacKay Shields LLC is committed to creating a diverse employment environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected pursuant to federal, state or local law.
Please complete the online application via the following: