IT Data & Analytics Intern
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of interns. For this 10-week paid internship we are looking for interns to specialize in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does, but don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
Our IT Interns will be part of exciting strategic programs and projects designed to make an impact on our business. During this internship you will partner closely with cross-functional teams across the company and help shape the future of the business. We are opportunities in the below functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Our IT Interns will be assigned to one of six strategic projects within the function. You will have the opportunity to directly influence through the following responsibilities:
Data & Analytics: This intern will assist the Product Information Management team in analyzing the product data and enable data insights. Partner with the existing team in understanding the data model and analyze the data to uncover opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with a high sense of collaboration
- Knowledge of raw and unstructured data sources, and familiarity with creating data schemas
- Knowledge of databases and how to use SQL to query the data
- Knowledge of Python or other programming languages
- Analytical skills including data analysis, modeling, and mining
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Desire to learn
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Analytics, Math, Information Technology, Computer Science
- Must be rising Junior or Senior at time of internship program (Undergraduate Only)
- Raleigh NC Hybrid Work Arrangement (4200 Six Forks Rd. - North Hills)
- Remote Work Arrangement will be considered