*Now offering a $2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
Do you have a passion for supporting youth’s mental health? So do we, join our Wraparound Program!
We are looking for a Support Counselor in Wraparound services, who will work on a multi-disciplinary team and provide behaviorally focused mental health services to children and families. As a Support Counselor, you will mentor, train and provide consultation to a team of Wraparound staff on specific behavioral interventions to support clients and families.
Seneca's Wraparound programs offer family-centered, individualized, culturally relevant, and strength-based support to families with complex and enduring needs. Wraparound works in close partnership with Department of Family and Children Services, Juvenile Probation, Behavioral Health, and group homes, providing strengths-based and outcome-oriented alternatives to group care placements for children and youth by drawing upon community and family strengths. Treatment and support services are tailored to address behaviors and meet family needs, even as they change over time. Services are provided in the community: in families’ homes, group homes, foster homes, schools, etc. for youth who are at-risk of being placed in out of home care or are stepping down from a higher level of care.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Conducts work with client, families, and county partners that aligns with the National Wraparound Model.
- Provides direct behavioral support services to youth open with Wraparound, depending on the need of the teams.
- Provides culturally-specific services for clients and families, using conceptual frameworks that take into account a client and family’s cultural location (race, ethnicity, nationality, class, education, gender, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Serves as a consultant for other direct care staff by providing training and/or additional case consultation that aligns with Seneca’s unconditional care model and clinical philosophies (i.e. three streams, internal working model, functional behavioral analysis etc.).
- Complete documentation of mental health notes and other clinical documents in a timely manner.
- Participates in an on-call crisis support line rotation.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision as required.
- Experience/education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree OR
- Associate’s degree or equivalent + 1 year of applicable work experience OR
- High school diploma/GED + 2 years of applicable work experience
- Experience providing strong behavioral interventions with youth (preferably within a community based setting).
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience working with or living in community with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Understands own social and cultural location, the systems of oppression within which we operate, and the impact those have on the clients and communities we serve.
- Own vehicle, valid California Driver’s License and insurance.
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and any other mandatory state/federal clearance.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.
- Full-Time; Monday - Friday
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some evenings and weekend hours as needed
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- Starting at $24 per hour. Actual salary is dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role.
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual language proficiency exam.
- Salary increases each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including:
- 75% paid medical premium
- Full dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage
- Family leave, long-term disability, and life insurance
- New fertility benefits!
- 403b retirement plan
- Employer-Paid Assistance Plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.