2023 Master's in Chemistry - Scientist, Organic Synthesis / Medicinal Chemistry
WuXi Chemistry, a business division of WuXi AppTec, provides contract services for new drug development from discovery to commercial. The International Discovery Service Unit (IDSU) of WuXi Chemistry is now accepting applications from 2023 Master's graduates for this Scientist role.
Responsibilities inclue (but not limited to) the synthesis and purification of novel compounds for potential clinical drug development. The Scientist will work independently in planning and executing multi-step synthetic sequences on mg to gram scale. The Scientist should also be familiar with modern chromatographic and analytical techniques, including flash chromatography, HPLC, LCMS and NMR. The Scientist should also demonstrate a strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: regularly communicate progress and strategy to clients and internal teams and supervise research associates.
Job Location: Wuhan, China
- Accountable for the deliverables of the chemistry project team, including objectives, timelines, literature review, and resource planning
- Design, synthesize, and evaluate compounds based on Structure Activity Relationship (SAR)
- Identify and solve synthetic and medicinal chemistry problems to advance the projects
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms; Proactive engage the team, the client and the supervisor with regards to the project status, challenges, and action items
- Participate in scientific activities and initiatives in support of Laboratory Operations.
- Master's in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Materials Synthesis or other related disciplines; industry exposure is preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry, demonstrated expertise in organic synthesis, chromatographic purification methods, and compound characterization using modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership potential with teamwork spirits
- Show a strong sense of responsibility and work ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Mandarin Chinese