Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Intern - Technology (Summer 2024/Fall 2024/Winter 2025)
How to Apply Instructions:
Apply using the “Apply Externally” button, which will take you to the following link: https://apply.deloitte.com/careers/InviteToApply?jobId=101398&source=Handshake. Complete the application and be sure to submit your resume and unofficial transcripts.
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Intern – Technology
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a drive to be a part of the technology evolution and a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Risk & Financial Advisory Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You could be involved in helping our clients identify and understand technology risk as businesses change, analyze and improve the effectiveness of governance and financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, assist clients with enterprise and compliance activities, be on the forefront of program transformation, strengthen overall risk management or implement technology to support the risk programs.
Work you’ll do
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on projects leveraging your expertise to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients achieve their purpose driven agendas including change, the growth of their business, accelerate performance, and create organizational resilience.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about the available opportunities. Projects may be aligned to the following areas and include:
· Helping our clients advance transparency, relevance, and the quality of information disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet regulatory and attestation requirements.
· Inspecting accounting systems and controls for improvement opportunities, leveraging our
methodologies to help clients improve their information technology controls or technology risk
management programs, and/or participate in the development or execution of internal audit strategic plans
· Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and operational challenges. Helping them to identify, remediate, monitor, and manage enterprise risks and create value through implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
· Helping clients to embrace their most strategic risks, providing a platform of advisory services that
enable senior executives to plan for, spot, assess, manage, and respond to brand and reputational,
financial, catastrophic risks and unforeseen threats that could undermine their competitive position
and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or financial standing
· Assist our clients with defining and implementing strategies to manage their Attack surface
focusing on the continuous discovery, inventory, classification and monitoring of an
organization's IT infrastructure.
· Engaging with clients to measure, assess, and advise on ways they can reduce risk as it relates to the enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform
· Working with the project team to define, plan, and execute treasury transformation enabled by
treasury management systems (TMS) that support cash and liquidity management, trade management, hedge management & accounting, and financial risk management
Regardless of project type, your work may require:
· Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
· Proactively participate in both client facing and internal meetings
· Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
· Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/ responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills in support of both innovative and operational enhancement opportunities
· Ability to collaborate and communicate across Deloitte team members and client stakeholders
· Ability to identify, learn, understand, and implement new concepts and frameworks
· Ability to manage own personal and professional development; seek opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance. Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
· Pursuing a Bachelor or Masters degrees in the following disciplines:
o Accounting or related degree. A concentration in management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
o Technology related degree such as Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, Information Science/Management and Math
o Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
· A strong understanding of Windows Based systems and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 preferred)
· Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York City, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York City, and Washington State and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $33.65 to $39.42.