Senior Analyst Hotel Accounting
Hilton’s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the opportunity for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, RTR Corporate Accounting, you will be responsible for performing analysis, reporting, and allocation preparation for various functions, programs, and corporate departments. You will prepare monthly allocation changes, as well as maintain and demonstrate an understanding of the business unit accounts and provide explanations for variances. You will be expected to demonstrate Exceptional critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform and maintain queries or nVision reports for analyzing data used in month end accounting close.
- Perform month end research and analysis to ensure the accuracy of accounts. This includes compiling other month and year-end ﬁnancial reporting as required.
- Document and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the balance as well as the current month activity. This includes preparing reports and responding to questions from both internal and external auditors.
- Review key closing journal entries and other reports/projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Communicate with the Consolidated Reporting and Financial Planning and Analysis groups and provide information as requested.
- Liaise with the GBCS IT Finance team to support analysis along with issue resolution efforts.
- Complete any allocation changes on a monthly basis and distribute the monthly allocation data query to GBCS and other parties.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship within Corporate Accounting and other departments.
- Manage information requests from various corporate departments and management levels by researching and responding in a timely manner.
- Apply records management program for ﬁling, protecting, and retrieval of journal entries and other records. This involves ensuring compliance with policies.
- Clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter.
- Work on special projects assigned by the supervisor or other members of management as needed.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement using Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders, who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, helping their team prioritize, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement
- Exceptional Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under pressure, and possess the adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who effectively handle complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Strong business writing and communication skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of relevant, professional Accounting experience
- Solid understanding of principles and practical application of GAAP
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, Word, Windows, PeopleSoft, and HFM
- Travel - up to 10% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Five (5) years of relevant, professional accounting experience
- CPA license
- Hospitality industry experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.