Postdoctoral Fellowship, Protein Expression & Modification Division (1509)
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated researcher to join the Protein Expression and Modification Division at New England Biolabs as a postdoctoral fellow. The successful candidate will primarily focus on discovery, engineering and characterization of protein-modifying enzymes and enzymes for glycobiology research.
- Establish and optimize a microdroplet enzyme screening workflow which is compatible with in vitro protein synthesis reactions and cell-based metagenomic library screening.
- Develop assays suitable for microdroplet screening and metagenomic library screening.
- Utilize the microdroplet screening system to discover/engineer enzymes with the primary focus on protein-modifying enzymes or glycoenzymes.
- Characterize the discovered/engineered enzymes and apply them in proteomics or other analytical workflows.
- Effectively communicate the discoveries to the scientific community through presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Biochemistry, molecular biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Advanced skill level in molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques.
- Strong multitasking ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic with an emphasis on both efficiency and quality of work.
- Proven ability to work independently and in collaborative team environments.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with microdroplet screening or metagenomic library screening.
- Experience with FACS Flow Cytometry is a plus.
- Experience with protein evolution.
- Knowledge with bioinformatics or protein structure is also a plus.
This position offers exciting opportunities for research training in an industrial setting, collaboration with academic institutions, publishing in peer-reviewed journals and participation in meetings and conferences.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.