Staff Scientist - Nucleic Acid Replication Division (1506)
New England Biolabs is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist to lead a Research group in the Nucleic Acid Replication Division. The successful applicant will lead a fully funded research group in a highly diverse Research Department dedicated to exploring basic science.
Candidates are encouraged to propose research programs in one of the following areas:
- Biology of DNA and RNA replication systems, including those from viruses, retrotransposons, bacteria, archaea and eukaryotes
- Biochemistry of DNA polymerases, reverse transcriptases and/or RNA-dependent RNA polymerases
- Create and implement a research plan for a small group of research scientists and trainees
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team members
- Collaborate with internal and external research groups to advance shared research interests
- Draw upon core infrastructure to advance own research goals
- Establish leadership in the scientific community through publications, conference attendance and establishing collaborations
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. with preferred postdoctoral experience in the fields of molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, genomics, or related fields
- Proven scholarship and leadership in their field through publications and participation in international conferences
- Excellent scientific communication and presentation skills
- Ability to both lead and contribute positively to a larger scientific team
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.