Semiconductor Technology Engineer Consultant
PDF is seeking a Semiconductor Technology Engineer Consultant to serve as the primary contact for end-users of the Product. The Consultant will work on a team consisting of PDF and client engineers to identify and solve the performance and yield problems of semiconductor advanced processes at leading-edge technologies.
- Work as a team on projects that are focused on leading-edge semiconductor processes and products. The work is focused on specific problems and must be performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Deploy PDF's technology and methodology for fast technology development and yield ramp, including test chip with design of experiments to capture major fail modes from FEOL and/or BEOL process module
- Conduct statistical analysis of manufacturing data, testchip data, and other relevant data
- Identification, diagnosis, and correction of characteristics of the semiconductor FEOL or BEOL process or layout which limit product yield and/or performance.
- Drive value with customers by helping them analyze data, create hypotheses of root cause, and identify and solve yield problems
- Assist customers to adopt PDF's technology and method, including the creation of analyses and reports using PDF's Exensio® software platform.
- Build and execute project plans for all of the above
- Continuous interaction with clients at both the engineering and management
Qualifications and Skills
- Junior level requires a bachelor's degree and Senior level requires a Master’s degree or higher, in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Understanding of the sequence and purpose of typical CMOS semiconductor manufacturing processing steps and/or logic IC design. Taken any/some of the semiconductor process, and/or design, and/or device classes
- Experience using statistical data analysis techniques (t-test, linear regression, ANOVA) and statistical analysis software tools (Splus, SAS, RS1, JMP, Matlab). Proficient in programming, or have taken programming and/or data science classes
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly professional, self-motivated, and self-managed individual