Emergency Management Specialist
This position is in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Office of Administration (MC-M), Office of Emergency Preparedness and Security Services.
As an Emergency Management Specialist, you will:
- Uphold FMCSA's responsibilities as a member of the Department's Emergency Response Team and Emergency Support Function (ESF) #1 (Transportation), in accordance with the National Planning Frameworks the incumbent also, provide guidance and supports ESF-1 (transportation), and ESF-12 (Energy) agencies on hazardous material transportation and energy resilience matters.
- Provide guidance, interface, and support projects with oversight from the Director and will provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Will participate and attend FMCSA's interdepartmental and interagency meetings and conferences regarding preparedness, response, recovery, and security matters.
- Serve as an on-call member of the Department's Emergency Response Team, field requests for information from the Department's Transportation Operations Center (TOC), and compose and coordinate responses from the appropriate FMCSA office.
- Ensure and participate in multi-agency calls to ensure the safe transportation of hazardous materials and energy products following a natural disaster or regulated incident/accident.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in emergency management concepts, principles, and practices in order to apply them to the full range of duties of this position.