This is a professional and strategic job responsible for performing analysis, design, testing, implementation and management of functional automated information systems, consistent with the overall design of the organization’s information systems architecture based on customer requirements. The Solutions Analyst provides advanced technical support for information systems. The incumbent in this job will manage technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. The Solutions Analyst works independently, with limited supervision. The Solutions Analyst will face difficult, and sometimes complex, problems during the regular course of work.
Salary: CAD-Unclassified Professional 3
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements.
- Analyzes solutions using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions aligned with business processes to enhance business capabilities, based on customer requirements.
- Performs technical design, analysis, implementation, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting of software solutions projects. Prepares flow charts, models, and procedures and conducting feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
- Develops plans for testing and implementing systems and monitors those processes to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Provides technical debugging and troubleshooting for complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices.
- Develops, edits, and distributes technical reports using SQL or other reporting tools. Produces clear and detailed technical specifications and other technical reports.
- Oversees quality assurance aspects of the project ensuring all requirements meet specifications. Estimates the costs of system solutions and preparing project plans to provide input into decisions about prioritizing projects and allocating IT resources.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for assigned systems. Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
- Provides administrative and technical guidance/support for internal and external clients and stakeholders. Provide user acceptance testing and develop end user test scripts.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower-level professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Considerable knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server-based applications.
- Considerable knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardware and system software components.
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, project plans and other technical reports. Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, and/or database best practices. Proven analytical skills and the ability to distill and simplify complex concepts. Proven track record for implementing large scale or enterprise-wide systems and applications.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- The work is performed in normal office environment, and involves mostly sitting at a desk, and occasionally standing during presentations or special events. Occasionally requires travel, including overnight stays.
- Occasionally intermittently sitting, standing, bending or stooping. Occasionally requires light lifting or carrying 25 lbs. or less. Normal office situation for seeing and hearing. Occasionally drives a vehicle.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Graduation from an accredited four-year degree granting college or university with a major in a computer technology or related field; AND
- Three to five years of work experience analyzing, designing, testing, implementing and managing functional automation information systems and projects; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.