EBS Functional Support Analyst
Performs duties providing routine to advanced functional expertise, analysis, and support to users of Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) to identify and resolve application issues.
Salary Starting at $61,339.20 yearly (CNUPR.6)
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate advanced functional expertise in use of Cloud SaaS, Analytical, Problem Solving, and Process Improvement skills. Strong understanding of ORACLE ERP end to end business processes (and related sub ledger accounting rules) across modules: Projects/Grants, Purchasing-Payables-General Ledger-Fixed Assets. Excellent Customer Service Skills and the ability to work as a Fiscal Team. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, display initiative, work on multiple assignments, along with the ability to resolve complex accounting/fiscal process and issues utilizing lean six sigma methodologies.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates performance, and initiates corrective action of subordinate staff.
- Determines priorities, schedules and assigns work, and monitors the progress of assignments.
- Provides advanced functional expertise and complex analysis for a broad range of application issues.
- Independently resolves complex or elevated issues; and as needed collaborates with technical support staff to develop, test, and implement solutions.
- Verifies and ensures quality standards and controls for functional area.
- Collaborates with vendors, inter-local government agencies, business units, and technical support staff in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Analyzes data and information trends to support system capacity and performance.
- Creates, analyzes, and executes complex reports, queries and data.
- Modifies application configuration set up tables as required.
- Manages, monitors and ensures appropriate application security and data management in accordance with guidelines and regulations governing security, access, auditing, distributing, and privacy.
- Convenes and participates in collaborative meetings, conference calls, and video conferences, consisting of vendors, inter-local government agencies, technical support staff, and subordinate functional support analysts, related to support enterprise business solutions.
- Prepares training materials, instructs training, and distributes updates of education information and communication to vendors, inter-local government agencies, business units, and subordinate functional support analysts.
- Serves as liaison to vendors, inter-local government agencies, and business units, as needed.
- Provides direction and guidance to subordinate functional support analysts on applicable work processes, best practices, and subject matter expertise.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the underlying application architecture and data model.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of business analysis, functional configuration and testing.
- Knowledge of functionality, integrations and interrelationships between application modules.
- Knowledge of functional areas and applicable inter-local government agencies’ business processes and standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to data management.
- Knowledge of database design, access, extraction, storage, security, control, and recovery procedures and methods.
- Knowledge in the use and application of various reference and online resources to solve complex application problems.
- Skill in defining systems security and control procedures.
- Skill in verbal and written communication of technical information to non-technical users.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to translate business process requirements into functional specifications.
- Ability to train others and make presentations.
- Ability to prioritize work and proof the work of subordinate functional support analysts, and others as needed.
- Ability to monitor the effectiveness of existing systems and procedures, determine and implement recommendations for changes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to ascertain facts through testing and observation, analyze needs and procedures accurately and logically, and to test system segments.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to read computer screens and printouts.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computers/Information Technology, or related field; AND
- Three years of experience in systems analysis using the specific business system applications used by the organization; AND
- Five years of experience in the functional related business department; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Employees in this classification that acquire the competencies and minimum qualifications for the next tier will be able to apply for promotional opportunities through a competitive selection process. Employees will not automatically be upgraded to the next tier. Reclassifying a position is based on business need and financial impact and is not based solely on the job competencies or qualifications of the incumbent.