WAFAA Non-profit Organization Internship In-person/Online/hybrid
Our mission is to help out the community overcome issues such as: poverty, unemployment, hunger, sexual abuse, domestic violence, and other social maladies by empowering them through various social programs. We aim to reduce isolation, build connections within & between families, and in the community. We are a non-profit.
Please review our website & social media!
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
If you are interested, please send us a resume directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up by phone at 973-766-2406. We may not respond if applications are sent to Handshake without any communication via phone or email.
Interns will perform various tasks, including:
- Assist in fundraising and event organizing
- Attend events and meetings as per director's instruction and report the proceedings
- Help in office management and record keeping
- Update and manage all social media accounts and website
- Draft emails and memos
- Translate documents and oral communications (if bilingual)
- Attend court sessions
- Volunteer time at food pantries
- Research grants to apply for
- Be active in relations between volunteer's schools and the organization
- Perform any other tasks assigned by director