Research Associate I - Mouse Models
Under the direct supervision of Dr. Ping Wang, Chair and Professor, Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, the Research Associate I will perform a variety of research experiments that focus on transgenic mouse models for diabetes and its complications. The candidate will work with a team of Postdoctoral Fellows and Graduate students.
- Utilize laboratory equipment and established protocols, perform a variety of research experiments. Record and validate results for accuracy and completeness.
- May modify protocols
- Write standard operating procedures and reports.
- Maintain records of work performed including results and methodology; utilize records may calculate, graph and compile data.
- Develop techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to laboratory research project.
- Ensure that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage, and disposal of materials.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- For more information on Dr. Ping Wang please visit here
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.