Associate Education Consultant
Associate Education Consultant (35 Hour)
Location Hartford, CT
Date Opened 11/22/2022 12:00:00 PM
Salary $100,717 - $133,328 annually
Job Type Open to the Public
Close Date11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM
The Connecticut State Department of Education's (SDE) is now accepting applications for an exciting Associate Education Consultant position within a team based environment in the Bureau of Special Education.
This opportunity is full-time (35 hours per week) with a Monday through Friday work schedule. The first shift hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Our office is located at 450 Columbus Blvd in Hartford and will have some telework/remote work possible after successfully completing the working test period.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of the CT office of Early Childhood and the Birth to Three system, would have completed a planned program of education preparation related to early childhood education, knowledge of the IEP, IFSP, and special education process, as well as the following knowledge and experience:
- Working with students with disabilities.
- Utilizing data to inform improvement activities.
- Providing fiscal oversite/grant management.
- Providing information, resources, and technical assistance to districts, parents, and other stakeholders related to IDEA and best practice strategies for supporting young students with special needs.
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 13 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals. We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
We hope you take this opportunity to make an impact!
These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. Applications to this recruitment will be used to meet collective bargaining requirements. Once any collective bargaining requirements have been met, all other applicants may be considered.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Connect With Us:
If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Jasmyn Raymond at Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov and reference the recruitment number.
Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Departments of Aging and Disability Services, Education, and the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System assists in planning and executing programs of extensive difficulty and scope for the improvement of education in the State.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Assists a Bureau Chief or Education Consultant in supervising various educational programs and services offered by the State; assists in the development and administration of certain programs of major importance or may develop and administer other programs within the framework of bureau policy; provides professional leadership and guidance to school authorities, professional organizations, students and various community groups and individuals; may assist in directing the routine functioning of the bureau; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of the philosophy and methods of education with particular reference to the field concerned; teaching skill; ability to prepare reports; ability to deal effectively with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
An earned advanced degree and five (5) years of professional experience OR in lieu thereof an equivalent combination of experience and training approved by the Board of Education.
- Experience working with the Birth to Three Program within the Office of Early Childhood.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and implementing Individual Educational Programs (IEPs) or Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs).
- Experience working with students with disabilities and their families during the transition from Birth to Three to the public school setting.
- Experience creating and delivering special education presentations to school staff.
- Experience utilizing data to align student interventions with the school or district's improvement plan.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and administering grants.
- Experience communicating early childhood and special education initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
Incumbents in this class in certain positions may be required to possess an appropriate certificate issued by State Board of Education.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.