Sales Operations & Data Analytics Internship
Summer 2023 - Sales Operations & Data Analytics Intern
The Watts Water Technologies family of brands designs and manufactures valves, drains, and related products and solutions that promote the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation, and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal applications. Everything we design is made to keep the Earth’s most precious resource safer, cleaner, and more useful for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
The Watts Internship Program is strategically designed to provide you with the opportunity to utilize what you have learned in the classroom while gaining a true understanding of the business world by applying those key principles through hands-on experience. During the internship, students will gain exposure to and impact operations. There will be many chances to network with like-minded professionals in manufacturing, industrial engineering, and beyond to stimulate your mind through cross-departmental collaboration.
What’s In It for You
People-First Culture – Enriching and caring for people is at the core of who we are; this includes executing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy, and providing you with meaningful career growth opportunities, a positive and safe work environment, and affirmation that you are heard, valued, and respected.
Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy – Work-life balance is important at Watts and our interns receive one (1) hour of flexible PTO for every thirty (30) hours worked. Your flexible PTO can be utilized for any type of absence.
Paid Holidays – Celebrate the holidays with your loved ones and still get paid! You will receive the following paid holidays off during your time as an Intern with Watts. Where a holiday falls during the weekend, it will be observed on an adjacent weekday.
Lunch and Learns – Throughout your internship, there will be opportunities for you to sign up to learn and network with some of the key strategic leaders and thought partners within our core operating model!
Sustainability – For three years in a row, Watts has been named one of "America's Most Responsible Companies" by Newsweek. Join our journey as we continue to distinguish Watts as a responsible and committed corporate citizen.
What You’ll Do
We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of sales operation solutions and data analytics! If you are interested in further developing skills in sales operations, data analysis, design thinking, and business advisory – this role is for you!
The Sales Operations & Data Analytics Intern will enhance your career as a future leader in Sales Operations. You’ll learn sales operations best practices, business analytics, effective sales processes, relationship building, employee relations, information technology, and more. You will have exposure to the following components during your internship:
- Sales Processes, Systems and Data Analytics
- Microsoft Power BI Applications
- Sales, Channel, and Customer Dynamics withing the Americas
- Rebate Process Optimization
- CRM Optimization across sales regions and initiatives
During your experience, you will have the opportunity to build your network, interact with Senior Business and Sales leaders, expand your professional skills and gain experience with a continually evolving organization centered around people and operational excellence.
The internship will be approximately 13 weeks, and during your time with Watts, you will focus on the following:
- Dashboard Development and Presentation – develop and continue to build on sales analytics dashboards in Power BI, present findings to Sales leaders and other key stakeholders
- Data Science and Analytics – collect, compile, and analyze sales data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to the business outcomes across Sales Processes
- Data Cleansing – analyze data sources and quality and partner with data steward to streamline and make improvements as needed
- Survey Development – partner with the Sales leadership team to construct, deploy, collect and analyze sales data and identify strengths and areas of opportunities that tie directly to business goals and objectives
- Agency Contract Optimization – work with Sales team on updating and streamlining Agent contracts
- Sales Metrics Automation – evaluate external and internal platforms to automate sales metrics on a regular cadence
- Reporting – work with our IT team to identify and implement new data sources for contractor and wholesaler reporting
- Research on Best Practices – investigate external industry benchmarks, metrics, and best practices to leverage to make a strategic business impact
- Current student (sophomore, junior or senior status) actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Statistics or related degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and do not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong technical acumen
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and interest in Sales Analytics
- Highly motivated with a proven track record of effective execution and resiliency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong business acumen
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Experience in Power BI preferred, not required
- Work in an office environment
While performing the duties, the employee will be working in an office environment with exposure to the plant floor as well as the Engineering Test Facility. The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to handle objects and other tools. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Employee may be required to lift, push, and/or pull up to 20 pounds.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.