Assistant Teacher (Bonding Leave Replacement) - Spanish, Small World (for Two-Year-Olds)
- Assist in developing and teaching curriculum across multiple subjects in a tri-lingual classroom that engages all learners in meaningful, age-appropriate play that cultivates 21st-century skills
- Ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes that are developmentally appropriate, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community
- Collaborate closely with a team of Spanish and Chinese teachers responsible for multiple classes of students to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Deeply connect with students and vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families through relationship building, which includes strong spoken and written communication.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience with students aged 2-3, strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction
- Full professional fluency Spanish
- Experience with play-based, developmentally appropriate and experiential curriculum
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply and contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth and learning
- Comfort with using technology as a tool to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and enhance instruction
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree or working to obtain a graduate degree in education, teaching or a related field
If hired for this position, the annual compensation range is $50,000.00-$53,000.00. Competitive benefits for benefits eligible roles include medical, dental, life insurance, 401K savings plan, generous paid time off, family forming benefits, health and wellness benefits and more.
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.