Legal Assistant (Office Automation)
Applications can only be accepted on USAJOBS:
At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed.
- Examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels;
- Proofreading and cite checking legal briefs, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation by conducting non-complex research of litigation, statutes, regulations and court cases;
- Assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
- Assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
- Maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
- Tracking filing, hearing, and trials dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
- Arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations;
- Producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.