Cyber Security Analyst II
Under moderate supervision, Cyber Security Analyst II identifies and resolves potential security breaches and vulnerabilities; maintains information security tools necessary to ensure the secure operation of IDA’s information system infrastructure; supports all aspects of incident response as directed by senior analysts; and provides technical expertise and support to projects. *Position is on-site or hybrid
1. Executes Information Security Monitoring
- Monitors and analyzes information security alerts from network devices and endpoints
- Responds to and directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyzes indicators of compromise for use in detection
2. Monitors the cyber security infrastructure
- Verifies systems are operating as expected
- Identifies any issues and applies mitigations as appropriate
- Alerts senior analysts to complex issues
3. Supports Media Forensics and Malware Analysis
- Analyzes files and systems with provided tools
- Identifies potential malware and vulnerabilities of analyzed files
- Applies mitigations or remediations to systems with identified malware or vulnerabilities
4. Supports Incident Response
- Hunts for possible compromises
- Creates scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Analyzes systems for possible compromise
- Works with senior analysts to mitigate or remediate any compromise
- Documents all findings
5. Supports Cybersecurity Projects
- Takes ownership of a cyber-security related project
- Interfaces with senior analysts for guidance
- Interfaces with professional services when needed
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer security, or related discipline or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Three years of experience in Information Technology which includes at least two years of experience in cyber security.
- Experience with cyber-security and information technology (but not limited to): firewalls, networking, DNS, host security hardening, anti-virus software, and network/computer exploitation techniques.
- Experience with system and network vulnerabilities, intrusion monitoring, network mapping, auditing and intrusion detection systems, notification of Internet threats, and forensic response preferred.
- Experience with notification of Internet threats, alerts, and vulnerabilities.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and within teams.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Possesses or able to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance.
Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.