Athletic Communications Specialist
North Platte Community College is seeking an enthusiastic full-time athletic communications specialist to enhance promotion of our athletic programs. Responsibilities include:
- Creation and distribution of promotional materials including press releases, gameday programs, graphics, pregame and postgame recaps and media guides.
- Display expertise in videography & photography.
- Management of the athletic website and social media channels.
- Work closely with local media pertaining to the promotion and coverage of athletics.
- Assist with special athletic events including media days, color games and press conferences.
- Record and maintain accurate historical archives for all athletic programs.
- Adhere to NJCAA and NPCC policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Public Information.
Associate degree and demonstrated experience required. Applicants must possess knowledge of collegiate athletics specifically men’s and women’s basketball, women’s volleyball and softball. In addition, they must possess strong writing and grammar skills, be detailed oriented and an excellent communicator.
Applicants must be skilled in basic computer applications, specifically MS Office products and general knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs is preferred. A basic knowledge of photography and videography is preferred. Applicants must be enthusiastic and willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends. Must have a positive attitude with a high level of professionalism and courteousness to represent MPCC in a quality way.