Job ID: 106755
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a dynamic & mission oriented team with the Beavercreek Dental Clinic, expanding services to the community!
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Monday, December 12, 2022.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Clackamas County is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support employees and their families.
Annual Pay Range: $79,828.05 - $100,986.19
Hourly Pay Range: $38.378872 - $48.551052
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
Most benefits, including Medical & Dental, start the first of the month after date of hire!
Although considered a Part Time position (.8 FTE, working 32 hours per week), you will receive full time benefits, represented by the Employees' Association.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 12 hours of vacation accrued per month
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays
• 1 personal day per year
• 3 days per incident for Bereavement
Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
• PERS/OPSRP Pension Program is funded by Clackamas County and provides a lifetime pension to eligible participants, this includes the County picking up the 6% employee retirement contribution!
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• The 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan provides a resource for retirement savings in addition to your PERS/OPSRP benefits. You can contribute a fixed dollar amount or percentage with each paycheck; a County-paid contribution is included for certain groups.
• Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision and prescription drug coverage
• Choice of Dental Plans
• Chiropractic Coverage and Alternative Care Benefit
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay (eligible at 5 years)
• A variety of additional optional benefits
This is a full time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Clackamas County's Health Centers Division - Dental Care Program is looking for an experienced Dental Hygienist to provide clinical dental hygiene services and treatment as well as perform administrative support and coordination functions for the dental program.
This is considered a part time position, working 32 hours per week and will receive full-time benefits, located at the Beavercreek Dental Clinic.
The Dental Hygienist acts as the dental programs liaison to volunteer dentists and dental assistants, schools and social service/public health providers. The Dental Hygienist provides administrative support to the dental programs by maintaining dental records, scheduling client's appointments and maintaining adequate office and dental service supplies and materials. The Dental Hygienist also performs clinical dental hygiene services, including preventative instruction and placement of dental sealants.
The Clackamas Health Centers Division within the Department of Health, Housing and Human Services is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that offers primary care, dental services and behavioral healthcare at multiple primary care, behavioral health, and school-based health centers.
The Clackamas County Health Centers - Dental Clinics offer full-service preventive dental care, as well as restorative care for qualified individuals. Our skilled dental staff provide care for patients of all ages, including services such x-rays, regular checkups, cleanings, fillings, emergency appointments, extractions, root canal therapy, and some removable prosthodontic appliances.
We currently have dental clinics located in Oregon City, Clackamas, Gladstone, and Sandy.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
Per the Oregon Health Authority, (https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280799 & https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280616), this position is subject to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Prior to the start of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exception in place with the County as a qualification of employment.
• Registration as Dental Hygienist
• Must possess and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
• Nitrous Oxide endorsement is required either at the time of hire or within 6 months of hire
• Working knowledge of an Electronic Medical Record
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea.
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience working as a Dental Hygienist in a community health setting
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
• Works with dental student, dental assistant, and dental hygiene externs and participates in their training as it relates to dental hygiene roles and responsibilities.
• Schedules follow up appointments appropriately based on treatment plan and patient needs, confirmation calls, outreach to patients for program metrics, and monitoring of Epic in basket as needed.
• Provides clinical and trauma informed dental hygiene services; performs prophylaxis, scaling and root planing, fluoride application, sealant placements and polish restorations; assists dentists with dental screening for routine exams and problem focused limited exams; instructs and demonstrates proper oral hygiene and dental health; promotes interest in the prevention of dental disease; takes, electronically mounts, and files dental x-rays using Epic and MiPacs.
• May participate in school based health center assessments and hygiene services as needed. May also participate in WIC assessments, nutrition counseling, OHI, and fluoride varnish.
• Reviews dental programs protocols, policies and procedures for compliance and effectiveness annually as assigned and as needed for clinical competency.
• Orders, stores and maintains office and dental supplies and equipment; sharpens, cleans and sterilizes dental instruments and portable dental sealant equipment; maintains dental equipment; ensures dental rooms are orderly, clean, and well stocked.
• Assists the dental clinic with breaking down team members rooms and maintaining central sterilization whenever possible.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working Knowledge of: Standard office procedures, techniques, and equipment; materials, instruments, tools and support dental processes used in the field of dentistry and oral hygiene; accepted practices, procedures and techniques of preventative dentistry and oral hygiene; dental equipment sterilization practices and procedures and relevant O.H.S.A. regulations and guidelines.
Some Knowledge of: Dental laboratory techniques and the use and purpose of lab equipment; oral anatomy; nutrition as it relates to oral hygiene; public health and community health principles, concepts and practices.
Skill to: Instruct patients of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds in the techniques, practices, and methods of promoting and maintaining good oral hygiene; implement standard office procedures and use modern office equipment effectively; maintain and sterilize dental instruments and equipment; develop, review, update and recommend dental programs protocols, policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulations and guidelines; attend dental and public health conferences, workshops and continuing education and training seminars to maintain currency with dental practices and techniques; maintain effective working relationships with the public, other health care professionals and patients/clients; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This position is included in the County's alternate workweek program, working 32 hours (on-site) during a standard workweek of Monday through Thursday (Fridays off).
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Clackamas County Health Centers provide direct medical, dental, and mental health services to Clackamas County residents.
We provide services at our Integrated Primary Health Care Clinics, our mental health clinics, or through our School Based Health Centers.
Health Centers is a Division of the http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
E.D. Barnett-Herro, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3664116
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.