Staff Writer - Remote
WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers for both 2020 and 2021, is rapidly growing and is seeking a motivated, hardworking, and competitive Writer.
WalletHub contributes to most of the country's largest national news outlets. Our team is hardworking, energetic, and focused on helping consumers save money. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to truly make a difference and enjoys a challenge.
The position includes conducting industry research studies, writing blog posts and educational guides, moderating Q&A forums, developing in-house video content, and much more!
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing skills (please send us two articles/essays that you have written and are most proud of)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in personal finance (mortgages, credit scores, etc.)
- Advanced research skills
- Ability & motivation to work 45 hrs per week
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications ($55k - $75k per year)
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits (if working from our office in Miami, FL)
- Visa sponsorship (if working from our office in Miami, FL)
- Although we appreciate your interest in working with us, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
- Our company is CCPA compliant: https://wallethub.com/blog/ccpa-candidates/76644/.
More about WalletHub
WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers for both 2020 and 2021, is seeking hardworking, like-minded individuals to help us disrupt personal finance and make a tangible difference in people's everyday lives.
More specifically, we are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to build the brain of a smart financial advisor, whose services we’re offering to everyone for free. The WalletHub brain enables users to make better financial decisions in a fraction of the time with three unique features:
1) Customized Credit-Improvement Tips: WalletHub identifies improvement opportunities and guides you through the necessary corrections.
2) Personalized Money-Saving Advice: WalletHub’s savings brain constantly scours the market for load-lightening opportunities, bringing you only the best deals.
3) Wallet Surveillance: Personal finance isn’t as scary with 24/7 credit monitoring providing backup, notifying you of important credit-report changes.
WalletHub’s initial focus was in the credit card space, and we quickly became the go-to credit card resource for consumers and industry professionals alike. Not only did the nonprofit group Consumer Action rate WalletHub as the best credit card website, but our industry research and expert opinions are featured in the national media far more often than any other company in the space.
In addition to the valuable intelligence the brain provides, WalletHub is the first service to offer free credit scores and full credit reports that are updated on a daily basis absent of user interaction, rather than weekly or monthly and only when a user logs in. Some other services hang their hats on free credit scores and reports, yet they’re still inferior to what WalletHub considers minor pieces to a much larger puzzle.