Remote/Hybrid - Communications Internship - Come intern with our Development team– Start Jan 2023!
- Please note that our office is currently closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic but we continue to provide our services remotely. This internship will follow a remote model, which will be fully supported by an assigned supervisor throughout the entire internship.
The Rian Immigrant Center, located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Communications and/or Graphic Design intern to become an integral part of our vibrant communications team. Learn and use your skills to develop our social media presence (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), maintain our website (WordPress), help create our marketing materials using your Graphic Design skills and knowledge, and contribute to all other communications efforts.
- Perfect opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience as part of a small Communications team in a non-profit setting, where you will be given significant responsibility, while receiving on the job training and support
- Make a difference and help empower the lives of immigrants and refugees
- Gain solid experience and learn new skills in a supportive non-profit environment with a real community feel
We are glad to assist with any requirements to qualify an eligible student for academic credit. We may be able to offer a partial monthly stipend for interns who can intern 10+ hours a week
- 10+ hours per week, between Monday and Friday - willing to work with class/work schedules and hours are negotiable. We are closed on the weekends so the internship will take place between Monday and Friday.
January - May/June 2023
RESPONSIBILITIES can include…
- Craft engaging and original social media posts to promote the mission and activities of the Rian Immigrant Center and ensure they are scheduled to be posted in a timely manner
- Support us in being a thought-leader and advocate on current immigration related issues
- Support our fundraising efforts by creating engaging social media posts to drive donations
- Develop responsive and collaborative social media campaigns
- Support the production of our quarterly Rian newsletter & program newsletters by collaborating with program staff and designing the newsletter using GetResponse.
- Support us in utilizing the website as a tool to reach potential donors, clients, and partners by updating content and designs
- Design marketing materials for Rian programs, including fliers, newsletters, & event invitations that adhere to brand guidelines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Rian Immigrant Center and a commitment to an understanding of social justice and anti-racism
- Excellent written communication and research skills
- Organization, attention to detail and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Graphic design experience, and knowledge of Adobe Suite is a bonus
- Experience using and uploading media to Wordpress (not required but helpful)
- Bilingual, or multilingual, helpful but not required
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please complete our online application form, which can be found here: https://www.riancenter.org/internship-application/ - please also upload a copy of your resume using this link
The Rian Immigrant Center is an Equal Opportunity Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Organization and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.