Apply online through 12/02/2022 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/690244300
Any US citizen may apply. This announcement will be used to fill positions with an entry grade of GS-07, GS-09 or GS-11 with a target grade of GS-11. The minimum salary for grade GS-07 is $44,740.00, the maximum salary is $58,158.00. The minimum salary for grade GS-09 is $54,727.00, the maximum salary is $71,146.00. The minimum salary for grade GS-11 is $66,214.00, the maximum salary is $86,074.00.
This is not a remote work opportunity. The position is located in Limestone, ME.
The major duties described below reflect the full performance level of this position:
Provides professional accounting advice and assistance in the application and compliance of generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and procedures
Reviews, analyzes and modifies operating programs, practices, and procedures related to receiving, controlling, validating, recording, and reporting accounting transactions affecting asset, liability, revenue, expense, and budgetary accounts
Assists in establishing and monitoring internal controls to identify problem areas, determine actions required to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure and maintain the integrity of financial and accounting information
Applies knowledge and understanding of automated data processing systems as they apply to accounting systems and "feeder" systems and the ability to deal effectively and logically in solving program/system issues
Performs special audits, studies, reports and/or, analysis to evaluate the status of the financial health and/or position of accounting operations based on balanced scorecard measurements or indicators
Duties will be developmental in nature while performing below the full performance level (GS-11)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Background or Security Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)Time after Competitive Appointment:
- Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
- Suitable for Federal employment
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense via delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense. We reserve the right to close this announcement early or to extend, as appropriate, based upon the needs of the Agency. Qualified application packages may be referred to management at various points in the selection process depending on the number and timing of applications received. Selections may be made at any point during the announcement open period..
Applicants MUST have related financial experience AND/OR a related financial degree (examples include: Finance, Accounting, Management, Actuarial Science, or related), in addition to meeting Office of Personnel Management (OPM) minimum qualification requirements. Substitution of combination of education and experience must still, in conjunction, minimally satisfy the DHA qualification requirement.
Human Resources will determine your qualifications for each entry grade level based on your interest and the additional following criteria. Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe this in your resume. Combinations of education and experience may also be sufficient.
This position has a positive education requirement. To qualify for this position you must meet one of the basic requirements described below:
(1) Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. OR
(2) Candidates may also qualify through a combination of education and experience: At least 4 years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge AND 24 semester hours in accounting/auditing courses, which may include up to 6 hours of business law, OR a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.
You may need to send proof of education or of certification to be considered for this position. Click here for more information on who must submit documentation at the time of application and what documentation is acceptable: Transcripts and Certifications
For additional information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/690244300