IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Systems Administration/Information Security) GS-9/11/12
Apply online through 12/6/2022 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/690547600
This is not a remote work opportunity. Positions are located at Indianapolis, IN, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Rome, NY, Limestone. ME, Texarkana, TX or Alexandria VA.
This opportunity is open to US Citizens or Nationals.
Designs, configures, installs, and troubleshoots systems and/or Oracle database systems and resolves difficult problems which arise in software and hardware configurations of mid-tier servers.
Analyzes and evaluates systems designs and do performance tests to determine optimum target configuration for the application environment.
Designs, configures, installs, and troubleshoots Oracle and other types of relational database management systems and resolves difficult problems which arise in the configuration of the database management system.
Conducts capacity planning studies to assist developers in providing target hardware, software, and operating systems environments.
Performs requirement analysis on hardware, software, database management systems, and operating systems in order to evaluate products for acquisition and utilization within DFAS.
Evaluates, designs, acquires, and maintains the FSO testbed hardware and software for all mid-tier systems.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Cyber-Security Certification required as a condition of employment
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process.
GS-09 and GS-11 Basic Requirement
- Attention to Detail -experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards. My work or the data that I produce is typically reviewed by my supervisor or another colleague
- Customer Service - experience having brief contact with customers to provide information about available information technology products and services and providing customers with standard products or routine services to address information technology needs
- Oral Communication - experience informing my supervisor and other IT staff of the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of basic technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem Solving - identifying or selecting from a number of alternatives to address routine information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from standard sources that provide a limited number of solutions
GS-12 Basic Requirement
- Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards
- Customer Service - experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs
- Oral Communication -briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem Solving - identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions
For additional information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/690547600