Child Protective Services Worker - Bilingual English/Spanish (REQ-110766)
Would you like the opportunity to make a positive impact on Oregonians in need of support and resources? Would you enjoy working with a diverse team that collaborates and learns together in service of children, families, and communities? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking two bilingual (English/Spanish) child protective service workers (social service specialist 1s) to join our Child Welfare team in North Clackamas.
As a child protective services worker, you will be:
- Responding to referrals and determining whether child abuse or neglect has occurred.
- Gathering information through interviews with parents and children.
- Observing and analyzing the safety of home environments.
- Gathering collateral information from school personnel, doctors, therapists, and law enforcement officers.
- Fulfilling documentation requirements and entering info into databases.
- Arranging medical evaluations and substitute care placement for children.
- Presenting and testifying in court.
- Watch this video to learn more about child protective services work.