Dr. Lam’s laboratory is broadly interested in small molecule tool development along with the use of these tools and in vivo imaging to interrogate biological processes in health and disease. https://www.mcw.edu/departments/cell-biology-neurobiology-and-anatomy/people/pui-ying-penny-lam-phd. The lab is looking for a motivated Research Technologist to provide support for lab research. Under general direction from the PI, the successful candidate for this position will carry out experimental design for sponsored research projects, including compilation and analysis of data generated.
• Carry out routine and complex experiments.
• Monitor inventory and order lab supplies; carry out assigned duties for ordering, maintaining supply of inventory.
• Prepare media and maintain fish lines.
• Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data as needed.
• Oversee daily lab operation in the absence of the supervisor or Principle Investigator.
• Assist in development and implementation of research protocols.
• Record and compile accurate records and communicate summaries of experimental results.
• Help evaluate, interpret, and assess experimental data and quality control of assays.
• Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized equipment used in research.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: 1 year
Preferred Education:Master in biology or related field
Preferred Experience:Zebrafish or confocal imaging experience is a plus
Field: Cell and molecular biology, immunology, neuroscience
Work requires occasionally lifting moderate weight materials, standing, or walking continuously
Little or no exposure to hazards such as dust, fumes, or extreme temperatures, airborne or blood borne pathogens, extreme temperatures, or allergens.
Ability to detect and translate speech or other communication required. May occasionally require the ability to distinguish colors and perceive relative distances between objects.
Occasional exposure to dust, noise, temperature changes, or contact with water or other liquids. Work is performed in an environmentally controlled environment.
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.