Princeton in Africa Program Coordinator
Princeton in Africa (PiAf) is an independent non-profit organization based in Princeton, NJ. Princeton in Africa helps future leaders develop lifelong connections to the people and nations of Africa. We offer highly selective year-long fellowships to recent college graduates and young professionals with organizations across the African continent; we enable our Fellows, through their work, to make significant contributions to Africa’s well-being; and we encourage our Fellows to cultivate meaningful relationships with communities in Africa and with one another. Our program is open to graduates from any accredited U.S. college or university, and our host organizations include large organizations like the International Rescue Committee, African Leadership Academy, and smaller start-ups, grassroots organizations and multinational companies. Find out more about us at www.princetoninafrica.org.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12th, 2022. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
POSITION: The Program Coordinator reports to the Program Manager and the Program Director and works closely with the Executive Director.
PURPOSE: Provide direct support to a portion of each fellowship class and logistical support to ensure that all aspects of the program and office run smoothly.
This role could be a great fit if you:
- Want to gain exposure to the international development field and the functioning of an international fellowship program
- Have an interest in mentorship
- Love managing data, creating systems and keeping information organized
- Want to deepen your knowledge of work and trends happening on the African continent
- Are self-driven, flexible, and curious and have strong time-management and problem-solving skills
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but not limited to):
- Provide ongoing support to a designated set of Fellows (10-15 per year) including conducting regular check-ins, staying updated on Fellows’ activities, reviewing Fellows’ reports and managing ongoing issues
- Work closely with the program team to ensure that the health, safety and security of all Fellows is being adequately monitored and addressed
- Provide support & facilitate sessions as needed for the Fellows’ Orientation
- Conduct site visits and support the African based mid-year leadership retreat when eligible (position is eligible for international travel in year two of employment, contingent on funding availability)
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM SUPPORT:
This role will provide essential program support for the life cycle of PiAf’s fellowship program, including:
- Read fellowship applications as needed
- Interview applicants as needed
- Processing applications that come in from organizations and businesses across the African continent
- Keeping track of all contact information for host organizations
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, assist with Fellows’ recruitment and manage applicant communication
- Assisting with MOU management for host organizations
- Managing all data involved in the application, interview and placement processes for candidates
- Assisting with Fellows’ orientation and retreat, and other Princeton in Africa events
- Working with Fellows to keep detailed records of all information, including contact information, travel details and reports
- Communicating security, health and other travel advisories to Fellows
- Providing other program support, as requested.
- Track financial information directly related to programming including financial aid, stipend payments & reimbursements.
- In conjunction with other staff, assist in supervising interns and volunteers, including assisting with the recruitment and selection of interns each semester, coordinating interns’ schedules, and working with other staff to manage interns’ assignments and tasks.
- Relevant office administration duties including checking mail and ordering office supplies, maintain files and maintaining office equipment.
- Assist Executive Director with supporting PiAf board members and preparing for quarterly PiAf board meetings.
- Assist in managing PiAf’s CRM system.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference for focus on international or African studies, nonprofit management, communications, English, journalism or other discipline relevant to the job
- Prior work or internship experience in a professional environment. Experience in International Fellowships is a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel and English writing skills
- Database management and social media experience
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, adjust to sudden shifts in priorities, and maintain a good sense of humor
- Willing and available to work occasional nights and weekends throughout the year
- Experience working with Formsite, Calendly, Google Suite, Adobe, Wordpress, DocuSign, Terra Dotta and comfort picking up new programs/software
- Full-time employment
- Compensation: $30K-$40K
- Competitive benefits package
- Position located in Princeton, NJ